WHAT TO DO:

1. Post a blog each week of at least 200 words. You could:
-describe something you learned that week
-explain something that surprised you about the week
-provide an update about projects you're working on
-explain how you solved a problem

Include images or video that you shoot on project-the combination of words and images is what makes a post interesting

2. Comment on one of your classmates' posts. Show your interest in what your classmate is doing on his/her project; make good feelings!

Let's agree that all blog posts are due by the end of the day on the last three Mondays during May, which means the first post is due by the end of the day on Monday, May 10. Happy blogging!

Monday, May 24, 2010

Week 3 at CMNH

Today I took Clover (one of the museums educational animals) for a walk as enrichment for her. We ran into a lot of school groups and most of the kids were very nervous about her until I assured them that she had been descented then they completely surrounded Clover and I. They all wanted to pet her and ask questions about her and how we care for her and her sister Chrissy. Clover really enjoyed the walk she was running all over smelling everything.
Last week I helped to mulch part of the deer pen which is not as fun as it sounds. I kept sinking in the mud and when I tried to walk my foot kept coming out of my boot. So basically I was a hot mess. I also scrubbed old perches that had been in the raptor center.
Sadly one of the boa constrictors Brooklyn died she had a 1 1/2 inch mass in her trachea. But we moved some of the snakes around so now they are all in bigger cages which made them happy.
Eddy the groundhog almost escaped from one the the bigger cages we rotate the animals through. There was a gap near the top and he had managed to get his head out. I of course began to panic but was able to get him down and distract him by giving him a dried apricot.

No comments:

Post a Comment