WHAT TO DO:

1. Post a blog each week of at least 200 words. You could:
-describe something you learned that week
-explain something that surprised you about the week
-provide an update about projects you're working on
-explain how you solved a problem

Include images or video that you shoot on project-the combination of words and images is what makes a post interesting

2. Comment on one of your classmates' posts. Show your interest in what your classmate is doing on his/her project; make good feelings!

Let's agree that all blog posts are due by the end of the day on the last three Mondays during May, which means the first post is due by the end of the day on Monday, May 10. Happy blogging!

Monday, May 17, 2010

Week 2 at GaREAT/ReCreation

This week I did not get to be working out at GaREAT as my sponsor was on a business trip. Instead I was working at his office in Chesterland. I worked on various projects and research that he gave me daily which included the Rock N' Roll Marathon Series, International Junior Golf Tour as well as basic things for GaREAT like ticket systems and fitness equipment. Prior to this week I was not really sure what the Rock N' Roll Marathon Series was about. My tasks with this involved researching the Rock history for each city that a marathon is going to be held in. The purpose of this was to find things like artists that started in the city etc. Therefore they could tie those things to the event. I also got to put together a preliminary list of 10 hours of rock music for the events. I liked working on this project as it allowed me to explore something I was interested in. I was also given the job to find things that could be sold or exhibited at the events whether that is face painting for kids or rock memorabilia. One of my days in the office I spent trying to contact golf associations in various states to find out about their databases and how many people they reach out to. This was a bit trying as many of them are not allowed to give out that information. Overall this week presented a lot of learning opportunites and a change of venue. I look forward to a few more days with my sponsor before I head off to Boston for the second part of my project.

~Dani

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Insightful comment Emily... haha

    How long did it take to pick out 10 hours of Rock music? It definitely sounds like you are given a lot of hands on opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It did not take me that long but i started with a basic list i found on google that was like top 100 or so and then got stuff from my own itunes and such. The research for the cities took longer but was pretty interesting

    ReplyDelete